Cincinnati, Ohio

Cincinnati, Ohio
Cincinnati, Ohio Dec. 2013 - July 2015

Friday, January 17, 2014

Missionary Life

Dear Family, It feels like I haven't talked to you forever! I haven't been able to get any of your letters because you sent them to the mission home and I am now in my apartment.  Missionary life is so much different than MTC life. It's a whole new world here. I have met so many people. My area is in Northern Kentucky. Everyone has strong accents here. They are also very, very nice. A lot of people here smoke and unfortunately I end up smelling like smoke. I'm not going to lie to you, my first few days have been rough. We haven't had too much luck and I am new to everything so I have been stressed lately, but I know I will get over it.
I have some really great investigators and  have been really nice. I love working. When I just sit and don't do anything, I hate it. I need to keep busy. It is really weird being on my own. I am actually the designated driver because my companion doesn't have a drivers license. I get to drive, but I have no idea where I am going because I don't know the area yet. I will learn someday..lol. My apartment is nice. I did laundry today and went grocery shopping...yay...Hayley is a big girl now!
Missionary work is not what I expected at all. We have good days and bad days. I will be in this area for 6 weeks and then I could be transferred. I train for 12 weeks. My area is so big. We do get a limited amount of miles but we pretty much drive everywhere. Members of the ward help out. We have dinner at members homes, they are all so happy. My favorite progressive investigator right now is named Nicky. She is awesome and I really hope that she and her family get baptized. Pray that she comes to church on Sunday.
I really miss all of you. I am happy here and I know even though I have rough days, things will get better. The Lord is on my side. We keep really busy from 6:30 am to 9:30 pm. It's crazy. Write me and tell people to write me. I love you so much! Time will fly:) Stay happy and close to the Lord. Your are all in my prayers. Love, Sister King

No comments:

Post a Comment