Cincinnati, Ohio

Cincinnati, Ohio
Cincinnati, Ohio Dec. 2013 - July 2015

Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter Week!

Dear Family, It has been a great week! Monday we had a zone fun day. My zone got together and we played sports and had hot dogs and just had a really great time. On our conference call to the whole mission on Monday night they always announce the missionaries that are making "Standard of Excellence" and also "Leadership of Excellence" (which is how well you are doing...like number of lessons, new investigators..etc.) and guess what?? We made Leadership of Excellence, which is not easy. Yay! I have made Standard of Excellence a lot, but this week we made Leadership:) It is awesome! We are teaching a lot. One of our investigators has 3 little girls and they are so awesome. The girls sing "Book of Mormon Stories" and say prayers and they are so dang cute! Tuesday we taught one of our investigators that has had a really hard time praying and they said the prayer, it made me so happy. We are making progress, slowly but surely. Wednesday we had a district meeting, it went really well. I learned a lot about what I need to do to continue to progress. We had fun doing service this week and we received many blessings. We now have a new couch and .....A NEW DRYER!!!! I don't have to wait 3 days now for my clothes to be dry! It's super sweet! Saturday the Elders had a baptism and we were able to go to that and we shared our testimonies. After the baptism, the stake primary had an Easter activity and they asked for our help, so we helped with that. Several of our investigators came and we were able to spend time with them. I love the kids so much..they are incredible. The kids always yell "Yay! The church girls are here!" and they run up to give me hugs. I love them. Sunday we had Easter dinner at the Shuleys and we had an Easter egg hunt with their kids. They had $10 in each of the eggs for the missionaries, that was nice. We walked a lot yesterday because it was nice weather, but it was so hot! 
This week has gone by so fast, but I have gained a  stronger testimony of the gospel and Joseph Smith and what the Savior has done for me. Sister Smith and I had to teach in relief society which went well. We taught about Joseph Smith. One really cool thing that happened this week was that a member came up to me and pulled me aside to talk. She said that I had really changed her life. She was really struggling and having a hard time with her faith being tried and I guess I had gone up to her that day and gave her a hug and spoke with her, she said that had changed her mind about many things and she said she knows she can keep pushing through. It made me really happy.
I want to thank you so much for the Easter package, I loved it! I miss you all. I was thinking about you this week.You have really done so much for me and I am grateful. I have seen so many families that are lost without the gospel. I am so grateful I was raised the way I was. I appreciate the love and support you show me by writing and emailing me, don't ever stop! Sadly, some missionaries do not have the support I do, so I want you to know how much I love you!! I hope to hear from you soon! Send my love to everyone! Sister King

No comments:

Post a Comment