Cincinnati, Ohio

Cincinnati, Ohio
Cincinnati, Ohio Dec. 2013 - July 2015

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Fun Facts!

Dear Family, Oh how I miss you all! I am doing well. Today (March 28th) I was able to go to the Louisville Temple. It was amazing! It is the smallest temple I have seen, but that does not mean the spirit wasn't strong. It was beautiful! All of the missionaries were so happy. One of our members gave us names which was awesome:) It was cool being in a session with a group of missionaries. My zone all went. After the temple, the member from another ward, that drove us took us to Crackle Barrel for lunch. It was really good. So here are are few things that I did this week...one day we did in a service project in a warehouse, we are able to help there a lot. We had a Zone Conference(which I didn't need to give my talk, phew!) Anyway, it was incredible. We talked a lot about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon and how to better teach people. Made me so excited to teach! We had chapel tours one day. The Cox's took us to dinner to Golden Corral...made me think of dad:) Some of our investigators came to church. The two year old says a prayer all by herself and it is the cutest thing ever! We were able to teach more investigators and it has been great! On the 26th we had a district meeting and it is always fun. We always have to role play and I don't usually like that because it is so awkward, but lately one of the Elders always yells out "Sister King! Will you be my partner?" It makes it easier for me and I am not as scared. It has been pretty busy around here. I am so thankful to be here, President Porter says I am a great missionary!
So a few fun facts......
**I saw my first live skunk and stopped to watch it. It was pretty cool
**I have NEVER seen so much road kill in my entire life!
**I actually helped with the road kill today:( I hit a rabbit....I was devastated!
**I am cooking more...I made baked ziti and ritz chicken this week
**I eat vegetables now, like..asparagus, broccoli, and cauliflower
**I also tried salmon and cod...not bad, but not preferred
**I LOVE, LOVE THE BOOK OF MORMON
I love you all so very much! I know the Lord is watching over all of us. I love being a missionary even though it is not always easy. Write soon! I love you! Sister King

No comments:

Post a Comment