Cincinnati, Ohio

Cincinnati, Ohio
Cincinnati, Ohio Dec. 2013 - July 2015

Monday, May 5, 2014

So many blessings!

Dear Family, This week has been full of blessing after blessing! Monday while we were at Walgreens printing pictures, I started talking to this lady sitting next to me about the gospel and the next thing you know...she wanted to learn more. We set up a return appointment with her and she has a family of 9! Amazing! You know, all you have to do is open your mouth and talk to people, and you never know what can happen. On Tuesday, we had a lesson with another investigator and it went really well. We taught her about the Book of Mormon and she is really ready to learn. She is already preparing herself for baptism on May 31st. I am so excited. Wednesday, we had District meeting in the morning and then we did service projects. One of the members took us out to eat at a place called "Whack Burger". One of our recent converts came out with us to teach the lessons we had planned and that is always a plus! It was fun. We got to teach a family that is so incredible. Thursday was a great day. I woke up in the morning, and did my normal routine...all of a sudden Sister Smith yells to me "Sister King!! What is your brothers name?" I said "Austin" and she said there was a text for me. It was from Brother Shuley telling me about Austin's mission call. I was so  happy. I was jumping up and down with tears in my eyes. I am so proud of him! We also had interviews with President and Sister Porter, so I was able to tell them about Austin. They know Austin's mission president and they say he is going to love them. Sister Porter is also jealous of him:) They say that I am doing such great work. President Porter says I am one of the best missionaries they have. (I bet he says that to everyone...haha!) Anyway, Friday we met this less active member who had the strongest testimony and wants to come back and get to the temple. We are here to help! We are also teaching another daughter of God who didn't even know she wanted what we had, she had some questions and now is taking the discussions. So exciting!
Now for Saturday...We had the baptism we have been waiting for and it was SO INCREDIBLE! We helped her get ready and she was really nervous, but as soon as she got out of the font, she was in tears. I am so proud of her. It really was so great. A major blessing in my life. It helped me know even more that I am doing something right. Sunday at church she was confirmed. What a week! We also kinda got to watch the Kentucky Derby...well...through our peripheral vision..haha! And one more amazing thing....I get to talk to you on Sunday!!!! We are going to be calling at 5 pm Kentucky time so YOU BETTER BE BY THE PHONE!! Thank you so much for having all of the family send me letters! I loved them!  I think of you all often, I love you so much! Sister King

No comments:

Post a Comment