Cincinnati, Ohio

Cincinnati, Ohio
Cincinnati, Ohio Dec. 2013 - July 2015

Friday, June 6, 2014

Keeping busy:)

Dear Family,  This week definitely had it's up's and down's. Wednesday morning we had a study with the Zone Leaders which was really cool. The Sister Training Leaders were there too and Sister Smith and I split up for a little so we could talk to our leaders. They wanted to get to know us better. They are incredible leaders! It was interesting talking to Elder Hanks and having him ask me questions.  Anyway, we had District meeting Wednesday morning and learned how to be accountable.  We had dinner at Chipotle with the bishops wife and then had ward correlation meeting with Brother Shuley and the Elders in our area. That went really well. Brother Shuley is great. They are like my family away from home. You can tell they care about me. He picks on my like a dad would pick on their kids. They really have helped me so much. We had to walk so much this week. We didn't have that many miles left so we had to walk EVERYWHERE!!!!! My feet are so sore! I have blisters all over my toes and my body ached but I am doing better. I have a pretty wicked tan line on my feet and where my ring is. That has made the week hard because it didn't get us anywhere. Thursday Sister Barnes (Sister Shuley's mom) took us out to lunch.  We had an awesome lesson with an investigator and extended baptism for June 21 and she accepted so we are working with her a lot. We are trying to hard to find more people to teach. Everyone says I am good at talking to everyone. Saturday was the last day we had to walk because we get more miles Sunday. We tried a ton of people and had a member come out with us but no luck. Even though again we walked everywhere and had a rough week, we had 23 lessons. We are working with the less actives a lot. We have gained the trust of the bishop and other members in the ward. Sunday was Fast Sunday and the whole mission and each areas ward fasted for a family to find and baptize in June. We had a great testimony meeting about missionary work and they say how great we are. Brother Shuley says we are some of the best missionaries they have had. We had a BBQ at their house yesterday and it was great! All I can say is it's great to have a car!!!!
I am so proud of Austin! When is he going through the temple and I need your help... We are doing sharing time on Sunday about temple and I need a fun activity idea. If you have any great ideas let me know. I am sending you a bunch of pictures because I didn't send any last week due to the computer issues. I love you all so much! Keep praying for me. Write soon. Love Sister King

No comments:

Post a Comment