Cincinnati, Ohio

Cincinnati, Ohio
Cincinnati, Ohio Dec. 2013 - July 2015

Thursday, August 21, 2014

July 28th Letter

Dear Family, It was so good to read your email and your letters! Dad is too cute! This week has been wonderful. I have been really homesick though because I know what is going on at home with Austin getting ready to leave. I love hearing what goes on at home. I know I am where I am supposed to be. I am so grateful to be doing the work of the Lord. So this week... where do I even start? Well... I guess from the beginning. Monday was a pretty normal P-day. We did puzzles. It is a huge stress reliever. Anyway, Tuesday we helped out at the place called Hannah's Treasure Chest again. We help fold baby clothes and clean toys and stuff. We also had a powerful lesson with an investigator and she is planning on coming to church. Yay!!! That is a huge step for her because she is very OCD and has anxiety really bad. Tuesday night we went and saw this less active and I was able to get her to open up why she doesn't come to church. Sister Savage said it was the most that she has ever opened up. It made me feel really good. Wednesday we did some more service by helping a new family move into the ward. That was so much fun! Don't worry, I didn't hurt my back. LOL. We also had dinner with a member who is also our chiropractor. She has a huge home and we ate out by the pool. That is the only hard thing in this area... It is VERY wealthy. I also got a package from Kayla which was really nice. Please tell her thanks for me. I don't know if I will have too much time to send her a letter. We are hanging out with my district/ elders today. I will send pictures of them all next week. We are going to have a lot of fun today. Sister Savage is going home in a week! Crazy! That means I am getting another companion. I hope I stay here though. Thursday was our member service day. That is how I know God has a plan for each one of us! All of our plans fell through because our members needed us. We were called all night to help people. I love service so much! We also got to have dinner at Olive Garden! It was so nice. Friday wasn't too interesting. We had a lesson with another family and we are helping them paint tomorrow. Saturday was a good day. Sister Savage was really sick in the morning due to stress which isn't always good but she recovered and we got out to work. We went over to the family's home and helped them paint and got to know the mom a lot better. We had dinner at their house and it was the funnest dinner I have ever had. We laughed so much. Sunday was by far my favorite day! We had church at 1 and it was incredible. Two families came and it was a missionaries homecoming so it was really nice. After church we had a dinner appointment and had homemade pizza. Way good. Then we went and saw the one family again. We had a lesson with them at the church and it was the most powerful lesson I have had on my mission. The spirit was so strong. I am going to write you a letter more about that lesson but it was so incredible! We also have another investigator who is actually wanting to learn too. The work her is progressing and it is so much fun. Transfers are next Tuesday. Not sure what is going to happen but we will see. Tell Austin I am so proud of him!!!!!! I Love you all. Sister King

No comments:

Post a Comment