Cincinnati, Ohio

Cincinnati, Ohio
Cincinnati, Ohio Dec. 2013 - July 2015

Monday, March 23, 2015

THINGS ARE PROGRESSING!

So this week.... So many miracles! It was really incredible to see God right there next to me all week. He really is aware of all of us individually and He knows what we need! This week and last things have been weighing on my mind and I have really let Satan get to me but God is really the one that is in control. We have been working with a lot of recent converts this week. It has been a lot of fun. Tuesday was really cool! We got to go to Centerville because I went to the chiropractor and then I went and say J and J!!!! IT was so much fun! They were both super excited to see me. J just started crying and she says she misses me so much. She will be baptized some day. So anyway, that night we had a really good lesson with our investigator D who seems like a really rough guy but he opened up to us and just started crying.  Tuesday night the elders called us and I didn't really feel like talking but their investigator L asked me if I would give a talk on Baptims at her baptism on Friday. I was surprised she asked me but I was happy to do it.   Wednesday and Thursday were great days. We worked hard and did the very best we could. We had District meeting which was incredible and Zone weekly planning on Thursday which was fun. We pretty much "hung out" with the Elders. Ha I love being a STL! Friday we were on exchanges and again... I got to go to my old area! I was in Highland Heights all day! I got to see a bunch of people I worked with and it really was so good to see them! Friday night we had the baptism for L! When I got there, I looked at the program and it said that I was giving a talk on the Holy Ghost... I had been preparing for 3 days a talk on baptism and then I had to switch my talk. Ha God wanted me to work with the spirit and honestly... it worked out really well. I was very nervous surprisingly but everyone said I did a great job. It only had to be 5 minutes so I don't know why I freaked out so much. After the baptism, Bishop N came up to me and said that he wanted to talk to Sister Watts and I. So, we went into a room in the church, we sat down, Bishop was just standing there and he said... (pointing at me) "This doesn't happen very often and it is very rare that I do this but I felt prompted that you, Sister King, need a blessing and I would love to offer one if that is ok?" WHAT THE HECK!!!!!! God was working through him! I am not one to ask for blessings and there in front of my our bishop wanted to give me a blessing! It really was one of the most amazing blessings I have ever received! It was all about my worth and that God knows me and knows where I am at and what I need to do! It was so perfect! I was in tears and really I knew God was giving me that blessing because Bishop didn't know me that well. It was so remarkable! It has changed my whole attitude and I am just so happy! I don't think I have ever been happier! The Elders saw that I was crying and asked what was up and I told them and they are so supportive! I love them so much! Sister Watts also got a blessing but it was so cool! I don't even know how to explain it! I felt God putting his arms around me, telling me he loves me and that I am going to finish my mission strong! It has been really wonderful because others see how happy I am and they act different around me and I don't feel like I am alone!
Saturday was another great day! HH sisters had a baptism in the morning so we got to go to that and the Shuley's were there! So much fun! We also went over to our ward mission leaders house with the elders and did service which was awesome. I will have to send those pictures next week. Sunday was church and I love taking the sacrament and applying the Atonement of Jesus Christ in my life! God is really aware! Things are starting to progress and I just don't ever want to leave! I love being a missionary!














No comments:

Post a Comment