Cincinnati, Ohio

Cincinnati, Ohio
Cincinnati, Ohio Dec. 2013 - July 2015

Monday, January 12, 2015

MIRACLE WEEK!

So.... MIRACLE WEEK!!!! It has been so amazing to see God's hand so much in his work. Being a missionary is the most incredible thing in the world! I have learned so much! I hit being in the field for a year this week and it has really been great to see how far I have come and what I have learned. I know that God has a plan for me and for each of us. I know He is preparing me now for my future! This is just the beginning and I am so excited to see where he takes me. I am grateful for the experiences I have had. This week really helped my open my eyes and realized God is in every aspect of this work. At the beginning of the week, we were not sure what was going to happen. We had a busy week planned but we were worried about some issues with our investigators and didn't know how to help and get them progressing towards baptism but everything worked out. 
 Monday we had a lesson with L and we didn't know what to do because she wants to get baptized but we didn't think she was ready. We really have been working a lot with recent converts and trying to help them get to the next  covenant which is the temple. We are working with this older couple who got baptized a few months ago but they are so cute. Their name is B and F and they are the cutest old couple. Tuesday we had planned a really busy day with so many lessons set up and members coming out with us but a lot of our lessons fell through so we made the best of the situation and went and taught other people:) We did have a lesson with our investigator R who is 16, graduating high school, and starting law school. She is so brilliant.... all she needs is the gospel. Ha For reals though. We are also meeting with the lady named A who is a recent convert and she is struggling with life and everything right now but hopefully she can go to the temple soon. We also had an incredible zone meeting! We learned so much! We did an activity where we blind folded 3 missionaries and had an obstacle course and other missionaries had to guide them and it was a huge learning experience for me. I know that I need to listen to the promptings I receive and follow them. I also need to listen to the right voice. Wednesday we had interviews and that actually was amazing! I got to watch our zone do role plays and I actually acted as the investigator. They record our role plays and then we go back and watch them and then from what we did. It was a learning experience. We did our role play in front of the assistants and Elder Hanks was our investigator. It is so fun working with him. He is now an assistant to the President and he really is super supportive and a great example. I got to talk to President and Sister Porter and that was really nice. They are the best! They really told me how great I am. President Porter told me I am one of the best missionaries in the mission, and we are the best mission in the US right now so that makes me pretty awesome lol. Really though, they just told me how great I was and that I have grown so much and that the Lord really made this calling for me to be a STL and to set the example. We had dinner at the Stake Presidents house after interviews and that went well . Thursday we spent a lot of time doing weekly planning and figuring out things but it went well. Weekly planning days are always hard but they are fun. Nothing too interesting. Friday was amazing! I got to go to Highland Heights with Sister McLaws and it was just amazing!  We had powerful lessons with their investigators and it was good to spend the day  there and see some members. I love HH but I am grateful to be where I am now. Saturday we spent a ton of time inside because Sister Watts was not feeling well and so she rested. Saturday night we had stake conference and again, I got to see so many members from HH.  We also ended the night with an amazing miracle. WE ARE TEACHING A FAMILY!!!! It is a members friend and they are great. They said we give them hope. We are praying hard and fasting for them. The Lord is hastening his work! It is amazing! Missionary work is the best thing in the world and I am so grateful to be serving!  I love you so much!






No comments:

Post a Comment